Welcome to Keeping an Eye on EDI.
I spent time during Covid lockdowns researching Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) programs and policies. Why?
I worry about the possible n-th order negative consequences of the rapid, ubiquitous, and uncritical adoption of EDI policies and programs in general, and in Canadian universities in particular. I worry that these policies and programs, i.e. their architects and employees, have made critical analyses nigh impossible. E.g. to do so is to reveal your bigotry.
Here I share my research and analyses with scholars and other interested parties. I include citations, or at least all information required for the citation format of your choice.
I welcome comments and guest contributors.
I am not inclined to censor trolls and ad hominen attacks in the comments. However, I will limit repetitious comments of these sorts to make the most of productive discussion. So, you get to be nasty only once.
The organization of this site is a work in progress. Content includes the following:
- EDI policies and job ads
- EDI related bibliographies
- The role of EDI in grants and other funding
- The role of the Federal and Provincial governments in EDI
- Critical analyses of EDI concepts and terminology
- The relationship between woke-ism and EDI
- Hypotheses of broader historical social phenomena giving rise to EDI; e.g. Liberation Theology
- Autonomous effects of EDI, both negative and positive
- The origins and evolution of EDI
- EDI in the news
- Suggestions/requests from readers.